We answer some of your frequently asked questions to help you get started on the Buzzy Hive.
What is Buzzy?
Buzzy is an online marketplace (Hive) that connects people in Perth, Western Australia that want to outsource the odd tasks and errands on their “to-do” list (Task Posters) to trusted and skilled individuals within their community that will complete odd jobs and tasks for payment (Buzzy Bees).
How much does it cost to post a task on Buzzy?
It is FREE to sign up, post a task, receive bids from Buzzy Bees, review profiles, discuss project requirements and submit proposals on Buzzy.
Can I be both a Task Poster AND a Buzzy Bee?
Yes, you can! We’re working on a new version of Buzzy where you can post and complete tasks from the same account. For now, you’ll need two separate accounts - one as a Task Poster and one as a Buzzy Bee.
What fees does Buzzy charge?
It is FREE to sign up, post a task, receive bids from Buzzy Bees, review profiles, discuss project requirements and submit proposals on Buzzy. Buzzy charges the Buzzy Bees a 10% service fee (being 10% of the agreed Task amount) once the Task has been marked as completed and payment has been made to the Buzzy Bee.
Who uses Buzzy?
Buzzy is used by time-poor individuals looking to outsource their “to-do” list – professionals, busy parents, FIFO workers, retirees, self-employed individuals, housewives and househusbands. Buzzy is also used by skilled individuals with time on their hands looking to earn extra money and meet new people – self-employed individuals, part-time and casual workers, students, semi-retirees and backpackers.
Who are the Task Posters?
Task Posters are the people who need their tasks and errands completed.
Who are the Buzzy Bees?
Buzzy Bees are the people who can complete tasks for the Task Posters. Anyone can be a Buzzy Bee. All you need to do is create an account so that you can begin browsing tasks.
How do I register my account?
It's easy and free to register your account on Buzzy. Just click here and we'll redirect you to the registration page.
How do I set up my profile?
You will receive an email that sends you your password. Copy and paste that password into the Login page. Once you have logged in, you will find yourself in the “My Account” menu. Click on the “Personal Info” button on the lefthand "My Account" menu. Please take the time to complete the following:
- Set your location.
- Enter your description setting out your skills and your general information.
- Insert your PayPal email address. You need this to make and accept payments!
- IMPORTANT: New Password & Repeat Password – Set a new password for the Buzzy website. It can be a password of your choice.
- Upload a profile pic using the profile avatar upload.
- Set your hourly rate (if required).
- Upload portfolio images (if required).
- Click “Save”.
- Once you have done this, your new password will be saved and you will be redirected back to the Login page.
- You can also add additional personal information from the “Personal Info” tab. This information is private and will only be used by Buzzy in the event that we need to contact you.
- Fill in the “Email Alerts” section under Personal Information. The Hive will send you an email alert if a task matching your description is posted.
How can I ensure that my Task is picked up and completed by a Buzzy Bee?
We recommend that you:
- Provide as much information regarding your Task as possible; and
- Set a fair price for the completion of your Task.
How do I post a task?
You can only post a task if you have registered as a Task Poster. Follow these steps:
- Log into your account.
- On the “My Account” homepage, click on “Post New Task” from the lefthand Task Poster Menu.
- Type in the information relating to your task.
- Be sure to include a detailed description of the task you need completed. This will make it easier for you to receive a valid proposal. Include your estimated budget in this section.
- Attach any images relating to your task. For example, if you need someone to complete a more complicated handywork repair then you should include a photo of what it is you need completed.
- Click on “Next Step” and proceed through the pages until you reach “Payment and Finish”.
- Don’t forget to click on “Finalise My Project” when you are ready to post your task.
How do Task Posters and Buzzy Bees discuss the Task?
When viewing a posted Task, you can send a private message to the Task Poster by clicking on "Contact Project Owner". Use this service to clarify any questions you have in regards to the Task. NOTE: your private message will only be approved if it is in accordance with the Marketplace Rules and the Terms and Conditions. You can also post a question on the "Project Message Board". Your questions and the Task Poster's answers will be publicly available. Once the Task is accepted by a Buzzy Bee, a private messaging service is available between the Task Poster and the allocated Buzzy Bee to discuss the finer details related to theTask. You can then exchange information such as your address.
I’m a Buzzy Bee. How do I submit a proposal for a Task?
In order to complete a task on the Buzzy Hive, you are required to submit a proposal to the Task Poster. You submit a proposal by doing the following:
- Click on “Task Search” on the top menu bar.
- Click on the Task you wish to submit a proposal for.
- View the project criteria. You can ask the Task Poster to clarify a project by posting a message on the:
- Project Message Board – this is a public message board relating to the task.
- Contact Project Owner – this is a private message board. NOTE: Your private messages must comply with the Marketplace Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
- Once you are ready to submit your proposal, please click on “Submit a Proposal” and enter your proposal amount along with any other information.
- Once your proposal has been accepted by the Task Poster, you will both have access to a private message board which will allow you to swap private information.
I’m a Task Poster – what options are available to pay the Buzzy Bee?
Task Posters can pay the Buzzy Bees via PayPal. We are working on additional features that will allow you to pay with cash on delivery and credit card.
I’m a Buzzy Bee, how do I receive payment for completing a Task?
As a Buzzy Bee, the payment method available is PayPal. We are working on additional features that will allow you to pay with cash on delivery and credit card.
I’m a Buzzy Bee – does it cost me anything to pick up a Task?
Buzzy charges Buzzy Bees 10% of the agreed Task amount once the Buzzy Bee and Task Poster mark the Task as being completed.
Is Buzzy safe?
Yes. We’re committed to building a marketplace built on trust and integrity. Our community is self-regulated by Buzzy Users.